"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly
distributed". William Gibson
This residential focused on how we look at re framing social
care and how we change ourselves and others to move towards a more
We opened the event with a Keynote presentations from Neil
Crowther & Tara Flood.
We looked collectively at what's not working so well and support
each other through more tricky issues, we create two posters with
the things that you are doing that are going well and the things
you need support with. This formed the basis of the problem solving
sessions later in the day and on day 2
We also had chance during the two days to take part in
a choice of workshops topics which were identified from
the feedback from the previous Community of Change residential
- Community Inclusion - Sam Clark
- Community budgets - John Waters
- Home Education - Richard Holland & Zoe
- Transforming Care - Tricia Nicoll
Feedback from the event included:
- " Excellent conference - thought provoking as usual."
- " Great Event, always so good to have opportunities for
reflection & networking."
- "A very inspirational couple of days."
- "Always Find 'Hot Topics' session useful"
- "inspirational Speakers"
We are working through your feedback to identify key topics and
issues for our next Community of Change event on the 4th &
5th November 2019 in Birmingham. Please do email
us if you have further thoughts on what you'd like to be
included in the next event.
See the downloads below for materials and resources from the