Local Authority Adult Services - Community of Change
Our Adult Social Care Community of Change programme provides support for local authorities working to personalise their adult social care services.
In Control pioneered self-directed support in public services. We are committed to offer support which helps to enable people of any age and their families to have control over their lives.
We are able to offer flexible support from our staff team, associates and partner organisations across a number of sectors. The ASC membership programme and additional bespoke support offers councils a combination of practical development in all aspects of delivery with access to up-to-date advice and information about good practice which supports integration and the delivery of personalised services.
How we've helped councils:
- Improving personal budget strategies including streamlining process; checking results using the POET tool; direct payments uptake; developing Individual Service Funds, increasing take up with people; workforce development.
- Resource Allocation System (RAS) support for developing personal budgets
- Individual Support Funds (ISFs) strategy and development.
- Community Fund Holdings
- Awareness days
- Basic training - legislation, personal budgets, personal health budgets, person centred planning, values, asset based working, change management etc.
- Reducing the use of external placement.
- Developing Local Accounts using the Think Local Act Personal Making it Real markers of personalisation progress.
- Supporting provider development including use of the Progress for Providers personalisation tools, helping providers to reduce use of paid support, introducing Individual Service Funds for homecare.
- Mapping and building community capacity.
- Dispute resolution/mediation and mentoring
- Leadership programmes with disabled people and families to develop local "Partners in Policymaking".
What's on offer?
- Access to our national and international resources and networks.
- Bespoke one-to-one organisational tailored support.
- Access to online material and advice.
- Knowledge exchange and events sharing practice about relevant work.
- Peer support through the Community of Change.
- The most up-to-date information about issues affecting the sector and opportunity to influence national and local policy.
What does it look like practically?
- Individual days of bespoke support tailored to meet your organisational challenges using a range of methods, including POET and relevant performance assessment techniques. (Up to four days.)
- Community of Change residential workshops, offering two places at each for your organisation.
- Access to tools and resources to support you.
- A named support person who can support you and/or access support from our network of associates and team members.
- Regular updates relevant to your area of work, supported by webinars for all members covering a range of topics from age specific support to family and people leadership.
- Access to the whole active and supportive community of like-minded organisations and people, email and phone support, sharing of good practice and community problem solving.
- Opportunity to get involved in national and local developments such as embedding and using the 'Whole Life POET', and person-centred integration.
- Additional bespoke support when needed at member discounted rates.
- Additional places for the residential workshops, member discounted rates.
Our Community of Change Programme is bespoke. We have a team of expert advisers, which includes parents and carers with a range of different backgrounds. Our advisers deliver training and workshops, attend meetings and act as 'critical friends.'
How much does Community of Change cost?
The cost for an annual membership is £5,500.00 plus VAT.