Provider Organisations - Community of Change
Our Providers Community of Change programme provider flexible support and services tailored to meet the needs of your organisation.
In Control pioneered the concept of self-directed support and since 2003 we've supported more than 400 local authorities and organisations in their journey to implement personalisation. Drawing on extensive knowledge, expertise and direct practical experience, we can support you and give you the tools you need to overcome the challenges ahead and bring about real, sustainable change.
We are passionate about ensuring that everyone has the support they need to live a good life and make a valued contribution.
What's on offer?
The Community of Change membership can be used by any organisation, such as service providers (private and voluntary sector), charities, community organisations, social enterprises, user-led organisations , family groups and community interest companies
Some things that we can support your organisation with are:
- Personalising homecare
- Individual Support Funds
- Community Fund Holding
- Dispute resolution/mediation and mentoring
- Family and citizen leadership
- Resource allocation systems
- Measuring the impact of personal budgets and EHC plans using POET
- Getting started and moving forward with Making it Real
- Criminal justice and rehabilitation
- Building stronger communities
"Having the expertise of an organisation like In Control, which has been instrumental in driving this agenda forward is invaluable, as is being part of a strong, active network of like-minded organisations that are committed to working together sharing best practice and tools to make change happen.”
"We've already had some training support from In Control, which really helped staff to understand the values and ethos behind personalisation and how we can ensure that the people using our services really do control their lives."
Jayne Bintley Communications Business Partner, Alternative Futures Group
What does it look like practically?
- Individual days of bespoke support tailored to meet your organisational challenges using a range of methods. (Up to four days.)
- Community of Change residential workshops, offering two places at each for your organisation.
- Dedicated on-site support and/or critical friend role
- Mentoring for project leads
- Facilitation and development of co-production, peer networks and family leadership
- Facilitation of local or regional support networks/action learning sets
- Access to our national resources
- Independent evaluation using the well regarded and nationally supported personal outcomes evaluation tool - POET ©
How much does Community of Change cost?
Annual membership cost: £5,500 + VAT pa.
Members are able to purchase further bespoke days or places at our national events at discounted rates.