Provider Organisations - Community of Change
Our Providers Community of Change programme provider flexible support and services tailored to meet the needs of your organisation.
In Control pioneered the concept of self-directed support and since 2003 we've supported more than 400 local authorities and organisations in their journey to implement personalisation. Drawing on extensive knowledge, expertise and direct practical experience, we can support you and give you the tools you need to overcome the challenges ahead and bring about real, sustainable change.
We are passionate about ensuring that everyone has the support they need to live a good life and make a valued contribution.
What's on offer?
The Community of Change membership can be used by any organisation, such as service providers (private and voluntary sector), charities, community organisations, social enterprises, user-led organisations , family groups and community interest companies
Some things that we can support your organisation with are:
- Personalising homecare
- Individual Support Funds
- Community Fund Holding
- Dispute resolution/mediation and mentoring
- Family and citizen leadership
- Resource allocation systems
- Measuring the impact of personal budgets and EHC plans using POET
- Getting started and moving forward with Making it Real
- Criminal justice and rehabilitation
- Building stronger communities
"Having the expertise of an organisation like In Control, which has been instrumental in driving this agenda forward is invaluable, as is being part of a strong, active network of like-minded organisations that are committed to working together sharing best practice and tools to make change happen.”
"We've already had some training support from In Control, which really helped staff to understand the values and ethos behind personalisation and how we can ensure that the people using our services really do control their lives."
Jayne Bintley Communications Business Partner, Alternative Futures Group
What does it look like practically?
- Support with building self advocacy and resilience in your communities - encouraging resourcefulness and creativity that local people and their families can draw on and recognising and valuing their roles as equal partners, giving people real choice and control over their lives
Individual days of bespoke support tailored to meet organisational challenges. This could be around themes such as Educational personalised budgets, individual study plans, bespoke fostering, engaging families, self efficiency strategy, making EHC plans work! Up to 4 days.
- A series of Webinars covering a range of topics including ‘Lets talk about’ debates bringing people together to share good practice and community problem solving.
- The opportunity to join the Be Human initiative, a charter type set of principles of what of what we would like to expect from good public services and organisations, you can test these principles in various ways with your employees and or with recipients of support.
- Access an annual license to use the Personal Outcome Evaluation Tool (POET) to capture the views of practitioners, parents/carers and young people with an Education Health and Care Plan or SEND on the support they get and the impact it has had on their lives and measuring the outcomes of personal budgets and personalised care and support, and the impact they are having on people's lives.
- Help with evaluating what’s working well and capturing that through collating positive stories to share, spreading what is possible through good practice
- Additional bespoke support when needed at member discounted rates.
- A named support person who can support you and/ or access support from our network of associates and team members.
How much does Community of Change cost?
Annual membership cost: £5,500 + VAT pa.
Members are able to purchase further bespoke days or places at our national events at discounted rates.